Saturday, June 12, 2010

Epic Fail

So I totally suck at keeping up with this blog, but to be perfectly honest, I haven't had much to update about. I made a cake, with the same buttercream frosting, so of course that was delicious. Been working out a lot strength training wise (found Gwyneth Paltrow's workout and it's pretty intense) but still haven't been for a run.
Camp stuff started this week so craziness is in the air. I'm not gonna lie: I'm pretty terrified for this whole teaching thing. I still have to make copies of handouts and re-do my lesson plan.

Saw Shutter Island finally and I have to say, I was quite underwhelmed. The "twist" was so obvious from the get go that it would have been more surprising if *SPOILER* he wasn't actually crazy and it really was a conspiracy. Also, I don't see how there can a debate over the ending. If he weren't cured, the line "this place makes me wonder if it's better to live as a monster or die a good man" would make NO sense. What in the world would prompt that and why would he then just get up and walk straight toward the orderlies who are quite obviously coming to get him with surgery tools? I'm convinced that whoever was blown away/shocked by this movie had never seen a thriller before, because, really people.
Also, the soundtrack was terrible. I loved the soundtrack for Gangs of New York to the degree that I searched for it for two years before my wonderful boy tracked it down for me. That is the extent to which I hated the score to this movie. It was completely inappropriate or over the top for the majority of the movie and came in and out at the most ineffectual times. I think Scorsese might be losing his touch.

That's all I have to say for now. Perhaps inspiration will strike between today and tomorrow.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment