Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The A-Team

No, not the movie. I'm talking about a delicious dessert substitute I created last night. We were at TGI Fridays and our friend, Drew, got a delicious looking peanut butter/chocolate pie. Clearly, not vegan. Did this stop me from taking a bite? Absolutely not, I am nowhere near strict enough yet...AND I felt horrible after, mostly due to my lack of willpower, but somewhat due to the fact that in reality: it wasn't that good. I mean, the taste screamed artificial everything and left a gross coating on my mouth. Food should taste good people! And so, I went home and searched my kitchen for proper, guilt-free substitutes. What I concocted?
My A-Team:






You see correctly. High fiber flax cereal, natural peanut butter, unsweetened Almond Breeze and Hershey's syrup. I also used a banana, but i'm not sure I loved it in there.









Now, I will say I would have much rather used sugar-free syrup, but we didn't have any. Anyway, in a bowl I mixed these things together (way more than I should have) and microwaved it for about a minute and a half. The result was a crunchy, creamy, salty, chocolate-y bowl of heaven. The measurements below are recommended. Clearly futzing would work too, but I will say I had WAY too much cereal in my bowl.

3/4 to 1 c. high fiber cereal
1/8 c. unsweetened almond breeze (or more if you don't want it crunchy on top)
2 T natural peanut butter
drizzle (about 1 T) chocolate syrup
optional: 1 banana, chunked

Layer in bowl and microwave. Let cool (or not) mush together, and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment