Sunday, May 30, 2010

Food Glorious Food

      So, I realized that if I don't force myself to update, I probably won't. It's not that I don't want to, I just get easily distracted and well, lazy, which is why I got this thing in the first place. NO MORE LAZINESS.
     Okay, so, I know I had said that I was going to run yesterday, but I forgot that I work on the weekends. So, running didn't happen and I'm still a fat ass. We DID, however, get to go grocery shopping and get real food thanks to my grandparents, whom I love. We ended up spending way too much money on food...it still makes me queasy thinking about it...but I'm all set on food for WEEKS so I guess the money would have been spent anyway. And now I get to eat yummy fruits and veggies, something my body has been craving for a while now.
     I also found some delicious baking mixes that are vegan friendly
:-) from Pillsbury & Duncan Hines(?)...maybe Betty. Last night I made some marbled cupcakes that were TO DIE FOR. According to Max, they more than make up for the weird spiced ones which is a success in my book. I topped them with more the of the same delicious buttercream frosting, this time colored purple. Why purple? I don't know...first color that came to Max's head I guess. Anyway, they're moist and fluffy and just too good. I also figured out that when using my Energy*G egg-replacer, soy milk gives it a more "egg" consistency than water, so I'll be using that from now on.
     Couldn't sleep last night...played the Sims, did dishes, and even visited the boy at work. Didn't end up going to sleep until 5:30AM. That being said, I did not get up to do my stair intervals this morning, so again, huge fitness fail. Max said he'd walk with me tonight though, so I don't have to feel completely defeated.
     I made an amazing salad for lunch today (segue of all segues...). Watermelon and strawberries were on sale, so I used those, half a cucumber, a veggie salad blend, a 100-calorie pack of almonds and some scallions with a raspberry vinaigrette. I highly recommend it. I think the best part of putting so much actual healthy stuff in salad rather than eggs or veggies drenched in oil or whatever, is that I can feel really full from something completely guiltless. Still have a piece of cantaloupe for later.
     In other news! As I mentioned above, I'm a huge Sims fan, Sims 3 to be exact. In fact, I plan to play as soon as I am done this post. There is a new expansion pack that I am DYING to get. It looks pretty fantastic...give it a looksie! http://www.thesims3.com/game/ep2

Until next time ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment